This was a bit of an experimental easy dish I knocked up tonight for dinner, and what do you know? It was bloody lovely! Don’t mind if I do compliment myself haha. Get this on your easy dish list! It’s totally yum and healthy too. Nom nom nom!
Cooking for 3 people:
- I used leftover ham joint. You can use some high-quality bacon, ham or pork
- 250g of wholemeal pasta
- 3 eggs
- 1 sweet pepper or 1/2 of 2 different colours. I always like to mix my peppers. Different vitamins! Yay!
- 1 large courgette
- A couple of handfuls of grated mozzarella
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cinnamon
I’ve got the ingredients, now what?
- Kettle on and then get your pasta on the boil with a good pinch of salt & pepper in the water. The 10 minute countdown is on!
- Wok on – Coconut oil or any cooking oil in there (canola or rapeseed oil are fine and dandy).
- In the wok – your courgette, pepper and whichever meat you decided to use. All of these diced roughly.
- Throw in a couple of tablespoons of cinnamon and nutmeg, half your cheese (grated) and 1/2 a cup of the water from your pasta.
- Meanwhile, whisk your 3 eggs up ready to be used and set aside.
- Once the pasta us done, drain and throw it in the wok.
- Take the wok off the hob and sprinkle over the rest of your cheese with the 3 eggs and stir everything together. This will cook the eggs nice and lightly without scrambling them.
- Finish with a good seasoning of salt and pepper.
Now get stuck into that delicious healthy treat. And enjoy every last bite! Yum yum yum.