If you love pasta and fresh, easy cooking, this is the tasty dish for you! 15 minutes after you get in from work, you can be munching on this yummy little beast and it will leave you full with a big food smile between your chops! Get in!
Here is your list of super duper yums.
This will give you a good amount for 2 hungry munchers:
- 250g of wholewheat spaghetti
- 2 Chicken breast fillets
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 1 Courgette
- 1/2 small jar of pesto
- 50g of parmesan
- 1 large handful of spinach
- A handful of fresh basil
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil for the pan (you can use canola, rapeseed or any good cooking oil)
- Salt & pepper to season that delicious beast
You’ve been to the shops, picked up your bits, now here is what you need to do with those sexy bad boys:
- Frying pan on a medium heat – add your coconut oil.
- Kettle boiled – water in a big pan and season with salt & pepper.
- Throw your pasta in the big pan for 11 minutes or until 2 mins from completely cooked (this will depend on the exact pasta you buy. Mine was 12-14 mins for fully cooked).
- Dice your chicken and get it in the frying pan.
- Dice your yellow pepper and courgette and get those in the frying pan too. Give it a good seasoning with salt & pepper.
- When the chicken is almost browning, add your pesto to the dish.
- As soon as your pasta has 1-2 minutes until it is fully cooked, remove from the hob, drain and toss it all in with your chicken pesto goodies. Get it all nicely mixed up so you get plenty of pesto on the pasta.
- Chop up your spinach and add that in the mixture.
- Cook for a final 2 minutes and then serve it all up with some sprinkled parmesan and a final seasoning.
Now you know what to do. Get your knife and fork and attack that plate of goodness! Nom nom nom.