This stir fry can either be eaten with soba noodles 2-3 hours before a workout or as a daytime filler by cooking it with soba buckwheat noodles or use udon noodles for a post-workout recovery meal. It’s healthy, tastes awesome and only takes about 15 minutes. Boosh! Have some of that!
Here’s your yums for the quick shopping list:
- King prawns
- Soba noodles (buckwheat) for pre-workout or udon noodles for post-workout
- 1/2 a red sweet pepper
- 1/2 a yellow sweet pepper
- Green beans/broccoli – You can use any green veg to suit your taste buds
- Lime leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A thumb of ginger
- 2 sticks of lemongrass
- A handful of coriander
- 2 tbsp of sesame seeds
- Sauce – I bought a small spicy Korean sauce this time but you could easily flavour this with some soy, lime and chilli
Right cooks…lets get cracking!
- Pan of water on for the noodles. Wok on ready for your other goodies.
- Chop all the veg to sizes you like, then finely slice the lime leaves, lemongrass, garlic and ginger. Throw them in the wok! Sizzle sizzle!!!
- Throw the prawns, sesame seeds and your sauce in the wok.
- Pop your noodles in the boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Once those minutes are up, drain the noodles, chop your coriander and throw it in the wok with all those yummies and toss it all together.
- Serve this bad boy up and then get your face in that steaming bowl of deliciousness!