Got a race in the morning? Or a workout later today? This pasta is absolutely awesome to pack you full of energy and it tastes spot on. I will have a little extra before bed to get my carbs in for early morning! Seriously….this is so easy and yum!
Enough for 2:
- A massive helping of wholemeal pasta
- 100g of smoked salmon – Aldi sell a 200g pack for £2.75!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp of greek yoghurt
- 1/2 a large bag of spinach
- A chunk of feta. I used about 2 thumbs worth
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- A packet of baby asparagus
- 1 tbsp of butter
There is no messing with this recipe. It is simple and quick.
- Fill your kettle on. You need enough for your pasta in 1 pan and your asparagus in another.
- Put the pasta in your 1st pan once you’ve brought it to the boil and seasoned with salt & pepper. 10 minute countdown!
- Whilst your pasta is bubbling away, finely slice your smoked salmon & spinach. Set this aside for now.
- Once the pasta has been on for 5 minutes, pop your asparagus in your other pan. Again, season it as always.
- Tear up half of your mint and pop it in the pasta water for some extra flavour.
- Whisk up your eggs in a bowl.
- When the pasta has been on for 10 minutes, drain and get it back in the pan, off the heat. Pour over your egg, 1 tbsp of yoghurt, half of your feta, the remaining mint and all of your salmon and spinach. Mix well.
- Drain your asparagus and put a tbsp of butter on top of it to melt nicely.
- Your pasta dish is ready to serve up! Get a big serving spoon and get it on a large plate or dish. Get those asparagus on top and sprinkle over the remainder of your feta.
- Tuck in you cheeky monkey!