With the recent release of Jamie Oliver’s Everyday Super Food book, concentrating on healthy, good for you foods, I decided to start cooking some of them up. So here we go with a yummy breakfast!
Jamie’s cooking shows have influenced my cooking more than any tv chef, and he really helped me get a passion for cooking.
This is the first of many recipes… He actually uses ricotta cheese but I had some parmigiana (parmesan) left over so I thought it best to use it up. It’s all about keeping the wallet feeling good too!
- 250g cherry toms
- 1/2 a lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- A few sprigs of fresh basil
- 400g tin of cannellini beans
- 1 pinch of fennel seeds
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 2 scoops of ricotta cheese (I used parmagianna as I had some to use up)
- balsamic vinegar
- In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes (halved) with the lemon juice, a pinch of salt, pepper, oil and some basil leaves. – set aside
- Frying pan on high heat. Add the drained beans with fennel seeds and pepper. – 5 minutes cooking
- Pour in the toms with 100ml of water. Allow to bubble for 1 min.
- Crack 1 egg on either side of the pan. Cover and simmer for 4 mins on a lower heat.
- Get your toast on. Spread your cheese on it when it’s done.
- Get it all stacked, add some balsamic.
Get stuck in!