So you have had a damn hard workout or run earlier in the day and you want yourself a plate that is going to fill you up. This healthy take on a pizza is perfect! I had it a few hours after a big race today and it was awesome.
For this pizza we keep the ingredients fresh and healthy and make our base with 2 wholemeal tortillas. Simples!
- 2 large wholemeal tortillas
- 2 large sweet peppers chopped
- Enough passata to lightly coat your base
- 1 large cup of parmesan – shredded
- 3-4 sundried tomatoes
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg
- fresh basil
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to roughly 180c.
- Place your 2 tortillas on top of each other on an oven tray.
- Lightly coat the tortillas with your passata.
- Sprinkle your spices on at this stage.
- Add your parmesan and then your diced peppers, tomatoes and sundried tomatoes.
- Season that bad boy with salt & pepper.
- Pop it in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and crack your egg in the middle.
- Place it back in the oven for roughly 5 minutes. Take it out when your egg looks just how you like it.
- Finish by topping with some fresh basil.
Job done! Now get that on a big wooden chopping board and sit down to demolish that cheeky pizza! Nom nom!