This simple dish was 2 hours before I was going for a looooong run. Actually a 10km run followed by 1 hour of football and a jog home again. If it kept me going, you know there’s some serious fuel in that dish! And it is so easy to make. Ready in about 10 mins.
Here is your quick shopping list for 1:
- 1 piece of smoked haddock – you can use any yummy fish you desire!
- 1 portion of soba noodles (buckwheat)
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 egg
- Seasoning!!!!! Always gotta have some yummy scrummy salt & pepper
So, what the flip do I do with these ingredients, Pete? Well, here you go…
- Fill the kettle – you will need enough to use to poach your egg in 1 pan and cook your noodles in another.
- Frying pan on a medium heat. Coconut oil in the pan until it is covering the pan.
- Season your fish and thrown that little fishy in the pan.
- Once the fish is about half cooked or has roughly 5-6 minutes left – Get both your pans of water on a high heat and once they are bubbling, get your egg in for a nice poaching, and pop your noodles in the other pan. Season both of the pans of water with salt & pepper.
- Throw your tomatoes in with the fish for the last few minutes.
- Once the fish is done and your egg is how you like it, get everything served!
- Now tuck in and eat the living daylights out of that tasty dish! Nom nom nom!