Fresh ingredients are always a winner and this is no exception. Beautiful fish with couscous which is always so simple. Smash this together with yummy greens and you are laughing! This tasted awesome.
This is enough for 2 people or in my case 1 when I am doing my 18th consecutive day of 10km running tomorrow! haha
- 2 plaice fillets – you could use any white fish. I tend to get whatever is on offer. Save whilst you eat well. Happy days.
- 6 – 8 king prawns.
- 1 pack of couscous – I used a roasted vegetable couscous.
- A handful of baby/cherry tomatoes.
- 1 egg.
- 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs – other breadcrumbs are fine.
- Veg – I used asparagus tips and sapphire. Both go great with any fish!
- Butter – If you buy from a fish counter, you can usually get a free butter with it. I used a chilli garlic butter.
- Some fresh herbs to finish – I used basil. Basil goes great with the tomatoes, but parsley would be good with the fish too.
How to cook
This is going to take less than 10 minutes. So get ready to eat! Nom nom.
Right, first thing’s first…you will be using 1 large frying pan and 1 pan of boiling water. So get those out and pop the kettle on.
- Season your plaice or chosen fish with salt and pepper (I also scored the fish but ignore this you aren’t sure what scoring is).
- Pop the plaice in your frying pan on a medium heat in some coconut oil. You can use any cooking oil instead (canola, rapeseed). – This will take roughly 6-8 mins depending on the thickness of your fillets.
- Once this has been frying for 2 mins, pour some boiling water over your couscous in a bowl and cover. This will be done in about 5-6 mins.
- Now throw the prawns and tomatoes in your frying pan with the fish and sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs and egg on top of the fish.
- With 4 mins to go, put your asparagus and sapphire in your other pan with the boiling water in. As always, get that water seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Once there is 1 minute left, I added some yummy garlic chilli butter to my frying pan and also a little bit into my couscous.
Now everything is ready to be served up. So heat up your plate, dish up the couscous, drain the veg and get everything on there. Serve it up and tuck in! Get in you delicious beast!