I am on a mission to get people eating healthier at lunch time! With this super healthy plate, there is no cooking required, just a boiled kettle. Fancy a sorry looking pre-packed sandwich for lunch today? Seriously? This kicks it’s ass! Healthy. Yummy. Simple.
- 1 pack of 3-minute flavoured couscous – Ainsley Harriott does some yummy ones. 75p for a 2 portion pack.
- A handful of cherry tomatoes.
- 3-4 Falafel.
- 2 Spring onions.
- A handful of rocket.
- A small strip of cress.
- A few basil leaves.
No cooking! Holy shit balls…this is easy. Well, you need the kettle on. That is it! The rest is just a bit of chopping.
- Place your couscous in a bowl with some boiled water – amount indicated on the pack. Usually about 150ml or so.
- Cover the couscous. It should take about 3 mins – Check pack.
- Now just chop the rest of your ingredients! The toms, falafel if you wish to, rip the basil.
- Once the couscous is ready, give it a stir, get it on the plate and finally arrange everything on there in whatever fashion you want.
Get stuck in! A healthy, simple and well-priced work lunch. You have no excuses from now on!