Want to start the day like a legend? I reckon this breakfast is a damn fine start to that process! I had it today before attending a fitness event and it got me through a couple of hard classes without too much trouble 🙂
Here’s the stars of the show:
- 1 small/medium sized sweet potato
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 1/3 of a courgette
- 1 thumb sized piece of chorizo
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 tsp of paprika
- 1-2 tsp of cumin
- Salt & pepper
That’s your ingredients, but what do you need to do to turn them into a scrumptious looking plate? It’s all fairly simple, so here you go:
How to cook
- Pop a frying pan on a medium heat and add 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Dice your sweet potato and throw it in the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Whilst that is cooking, chop up your courgette, tomatoes, chorizo and red pepper and throw them all in the pan.
- Add to this your cumin, paprika and some salt & pepper.
- Once the sweet potato goes ‘ping!’, add it to your pan and give everything a good mix together.
- Create a little hole in the middle of your food and carefully crack an egg into the space created.
- Cover it with a pan lid so that your egg will get steamed and should cook nicely on top as well as underneath, otherwise it may cook too quickly underneath and you won’t end up with a runny egg by the time the top part is cooked.
- Cook for about 4 minutes if you like a good run to that yoke. Longer if you prefer a firmer egg.
- Now all that is left is to serve and add some avocado on the side.
This breakfast is perfect to keep you full until lunch and I have found it a good one to eat a couple of hours before exercise. Whether you keep fit or not, this is just damn good tasty food, so there is no reason to not get your face into that plate!
Happy eating everyone!